Main Forum

1.9 Server Suggestion

8 replies
Votes:
+75
With 1.9 update just around the corner and it bringing in some awesome updates to the combat side of minecraft I'm suggesting that we open a 1.9 Vanilla Server for members of Realmkraft that apply via the website.
Don't worry about the applying to join this is just to filter out trolls and griefers.

I think that this would be a great way to show off some 1.9 swag without having to wait for plugin developers to update their plugins so we can run a full server. A few ground rules could be set to avoid mass killings/raidings, griefing etc but as well allow players to show off their new combat skills with a pvp arena.

Weekly competitions could be held to allow players to team up and battle the minecraft world together.
Points could be won from the competitions which could be traded in for getting something special on either vanilla or survival server. E.g 100 points = 1 Mob Egg. <-- This is probably a bad example but you get what I mean.

Anyway to wrap it up I think this would be a cool idea for those wanting to participate.
Feel free to add any of your ideas to this and say what you like about it or dislike :d

Peace, Maximus [o.o]
Admin and General Bad-Ass
Posted Nov 8, 15 · OP
List
Undo
Votes:
I agree this is a nice idea, but who would staff it? I suggest we get people to apply for staff first and let that go through with the owners so that Kevin doesn't have to stress over it.

I would suggest sorting out a reward system at a later date and just focus on having a smooth running server first.
Sarah
-Skyblock Server
Mod/Nutcase
Posted Nov 8, 15
Votes:
+6
I like the idea, but Sarah's right, staff is the issue there

if they hadnt deleted all the staff apps when James quit there might not have been such a problem <_< I personally was very PO'd after my 2nd (the first being rejected after a month of no activity due to irl) staff app that was several months old just got dropped because James left and everybody's staff apps were basically thrown aside

I wasnt too keen on writing a third app just because they trashed my 2nd, and Im sure most people were like that so yeah *shrug* staffing it will be the problem
Posted Nov 17, 15
Votes:
+75
So the issue has been established that staffing this idea will be something to look into but Cosmic, I don't think this is the place to complain about staff applications. Obviously people are going to be 'PO' about rejections but complaining about it here isn't going to help anything, Sorry, anyway back to the server idea :)
Posted Nov 17, 15 · OP
Votes:
+10
I like the idea, but Sarah's right, staff is the issue there

if they hadnt deleted all the staff apps when James quit there might not have been such a problem <_< I personally was very PO'd after my 2nd (the first being rejected after a month of no activity due to irl) staff app that was several months old just got dropped because James left and everybody's staff apps were basically thrown aside

I wasnt too keen on writing a third app just because they trashed my 2nd, and Im sure most people were like that so yeah *shrug* staffing it will be the problem

You should be able to see your old apps in your applications page.
On the bottom right, click the three fellows, and click "go to applications." When there, click on "my apps" on the right, this should have all the apps you submitted. You can just copy the text from the old one to a new one.

I personally think this server has died, and come back to be in a coma on life support. Not much could save it unless a miracle strikes, or the owners pay attention to it a little bit more often. More staff would probably help, so new players have some help and they can fix problems that po players.
I havn't seen staff on in a looooong time, and that comes with people rarely joining. People tend to leave if they don't have help, and if they'd like to dump our apps, then that's cool. People just won't be as determined to volunteer afterwords.
I may put in another app just so I could lend a hand if this server ever comes back, but the likeliness it will even be read is... pretty close to non-existent, on top of the fact I've been MIA over Fallout 4. :p
Posted Nov 20, 15
Votes:
+84

Just to clear something up, your application was not deleted because James quit. After he quit we decided to take a more in depth look at staff applications and the staff team decided they did not deem you adequate for the position. Hence your rejection. If you had read the comment on your app, you'd have known this.

Also, I like the idea of a 1.9 vanilla server, but I don't really see a point in bringing it in until we can revive the server and get more players on. As for the issue of staffing, the server would work in the same way as our 1.8 vanilla from ye olde times. This means it would only be available to trusted individuals and therefore require less staffing and if they have an issue, they can report it on survival.
If the king does not lead, then how can he expect his subordinates to follow?
Posted Dec 9, 15
Votes:
I do like the idea of a 1.9 server but when it comes out can't we just upgrade the 1.8 server because it sits there never being used and so does survival almost
Kind Regards
Aaron

Shall not grief
Posted Dec 14, 15
Votes:
+75
We can, but we would like to wait till we have more players eligible for the 1.9 server.
Posted Dec 14, 15 · OP
Votes:
Your right, We have less than we used to..
Kind Regards
Aaron

Shall not grief
Posted Dec 14, 15
Top Posters
106 Posts
61 Posts
58 Posts
NoticeNotices